Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yes, Im still here :)

 
Hello everyone...
 
I have been gone for so long...  My life has just been so out of control busy the last few months. Some of you would know about my Dads accident, and how we almost lost him, and then the trauma to our family surrounding that, well, it just seems to have continued on from there. I wont go into a tonne of detail (as I'm sure you are all tired of hearing my tales of woe)  but, it has been one hell of a few months, that's for sure. Hopefully we are out the other side of it now, and life can go back to the calm, boring normal that I like  :)
 
I haven't done a lot of creating since my term with Graphic 45 finished. I was feeling a little burned out, then with all the medical dramas happening at home, my mojo has taken a holiday too. But I have been doing a few things, behind the scenes... One of the things I am most excited about is.........
 
I will be teaching classes at Paperific in Melbourne on the 29 - 31 August 2014.. The details will be available on the Paperific website on the 8th of July, if anyone is thinking of coming along. Scrapping with the stars - retreats will also have a stand at the show, Stacey and I will both be there, so, if you are planning on going to the show, please stop by our stand, and say hi...
 
* * *
 
And the other thing that has been keeping me busy is my new role as a designer for Brother Australia..  I have been playing with my Scan n cut die cutting machine, and loving it. My first project will be up on their blog etc in the next few days... Very exciting...

* * *

BUT, the biggest, and most exciting thing, that has kept me busy these past few months, is organising our 'Scrapping with the stars - retreat'.. For those of you, in Australia, who haven't heard of our retreat, please, go check out our blog, and FB page.. It is gearing up to be one of the biggest, and the best retreats in Australia. We have some amazing tutors, demonstrators, and fantastic sponsors, who have donated an incredible array of goodies. This really is one not to be missed... The venue is amazing, right on the beach, at Phillip Island. The rooms are lovely, and there is even an in ground pool...PLUS, we will have a bus service, running from Ballarat, through to Tullamarine Airport, then on to Phillip Island... The retreat will be held from Friday November 14th to Sunday 16th..

* * *

I do have 1 lonely little project to share today.. its a layout I did for Scrapbook Creations magazine, as member of the 'Colour Challenge' team..  the theme was wintery whites, blues, and silver...
Here is what I created. (sorry, but, the monochromatic colours don't photograph too well)


'Baby it's cold outside'

I used some diamond dust, on the top of the window, and fences, to make some 'snow'. And, as usual. lots of Manor House Creations flowers.



Thanks to anyone who still takes the time to call in to my blog, even after I have been so neglectful of it... Please, if you are still here, leave me a comment, so I know you were here...

Have a wonderful weekend

Karen xo

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the soft colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still here! It sounds like life has been extreme for you. I hope your dad is doing ok. All the best with your designing too. Lovely layout! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your life has been so demanding Karen. It's understandable that your Mojo went on strike. Good to hear about the Retreat - it sounds amazing and I look forward to seeing what magic you weave with the Brother machine. Love this sweet little page too. Take care of yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy life is coming back to normal and your bad times are behind you. Your layout is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete