Thursday, May 22, 2014

Scrapbook Creations Magazine - Colour challenge

Hi my friends...
 
Today, I want to share a layout with you, that I did as a member of the 'colour Challenge team' at Scrapbook Creations magazine. Each month, the team are given a colour palette, we need to design a layout, featuring all those colours.....
The colour palette last month was very masculine, with lots of blues, and green... As you know, my style is quite shabby, and feminine, so I struggled with these colours a little.. but, once I completed the layout, I was pretty happy with how it turned out. A very different one for me, but, I'm sure my 4 boys will appreciate the lack of 'shabby girly' in it  :)
 
 
I've given my dies a good workout in this LO. My favourite die at the moment is this cool 'chain link' die (used to attach the stars to the rosette) 
 
 
 
Thanks for calling in, and for any comments...  I love to read comments, and always plan to visit everyone who takes the time out of their to write something.... but, time has been something I have been lacking sadly in the last few months... but, I have now reduced a lot of my scrapping commitments, out of necessity...  I was feeling overwhelmed by all I had to do, and wasn't loving anything about scrapbooking for a while there..  It was becoming a job, and a chore... I don't want that to happen, so, I've dropped a lot of things, and hope, now, to get the love of the craft back, and to be able to have the time to reconnect with all my scrappy online friends.. Thanks for sticking with me, and continuing to visit my blog, even though a lot of the time, I didn't reply to your lovely messages...  I promise things will be different from now on...

6 comments:

  1. Love this creation Karen.....the colours make the whole page pop! And I do hope you find the joy in creating again. Take care. xo


    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work Karen - shabby or boyish. Don't worry about commenting in return. You've had a lot on your plate with surgery and DT. I'm sure people understand. Hope your Dad is coming along O.K. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your boy page, it is great, I am always looking for "boy" pages as I have four grandsons, Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen. You just seem to be able do it to perfection......be it boy or your usual shabby. It is necessary some times to reassess your committments to get the maximum benefit from what you love. Looking forward with excitement to the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Te ha quedado muy bonito, me seguiré pasando por aquí para ver las cosas tan chulas k haces

    ReplyDelete
  6. If youre still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then youll know which is right for you.
    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete