Saturday, March 5, 2011

some new shares



Hi friends,

I got my layouts back from 'Australian scrapbook ideas' magazine, and remembered to photograph them this time. I was asked to do 3 x double layouts, which was a challenge in itself, as I dont tend to scrap doubles very often. I used some gorgeous photos of 3 of my boys at the beach for all the layouts. I am quite happy with how they turned out. I was lucky that I could pretty much do whatever I wanted for the mag feature, as long as they were double layouts, and sat well together on the magazine page. I have used lots of inking and destressing, which are 2 of my favorite techniques :) and even managed to slip in some handmade flowers too :)


I used Kaisercrafts 'homemade' collection for all the layouts, I love all the blues and browns in this collection. with a dusty attic fence which I destressed to look like rusty iron, and some birds cut from Websters paper.



For the layout above, I again used Kaisercraft 'homemade' collection, with some prima vines, and some handmade flowers.



The little frames Ive used in the 2nd 2 layouts are a pack from K and Company. The stitching technique I used is explained in a step x step in the current 'Australian scrapbook ideas' magazine, theres also step by step instructions on how to make all the layouts here :) ....

And some more exiting news to share, the scrapboox is having a cyber crop and a blog hop. The cyber crop theme is 'Home Comforts' .......... So put this date in your diaries, bring along plenty of MOJO, and a bottle of wine or 2, and we will see you there :)


'if you are visiting on the Boxx Cyber Crop blog train... your next stop will be http://bblowe.blogspot.com/2011/03/home-comforts.html "






18 comments:

  1. Holy crap Karen. 3 doubles!!! They are all brilliant!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen, I love all three layouts. You idea's are fantastic and the stitching is something I will have to learn lol. I'll have to buy the mag and check it out :o) *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! I was looking at your post though, and thinking I KNOW I have seen these before...then I realised I had admired them in the mag heheheh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These 3 doubles are all fabulous and unique Karen!! Stunning work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great 2 page layouts!! Love all the stitching you did!! fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! Karen these are all gorgeous, oh looove that lacing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen!! How are you?? Just came here to say "Hi!"
    Your LOs are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Karen these are totally outstanding ... love the distressing AND THE STITCHING .... fantabulous work !!! hugz x

    I have just posted a grunge page , very different for me ????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your double pagers! Especially the first one with the iron wrought fence. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous lo's karen!! what an amazing effort... such a lot of work and so beautifully eyecatching! oh... perfect work on the train too... ;) thanks for that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, hats off to you for even completing three doubles but to do them so FABULOUSLY. Oh my, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoping to be there Karen. P.S. Love all your work

    ReplyDelete
  13. great lo's see you at the crop

    ReplyDelete
  14. just ADORE your doubles...stunning.
    so love your work
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now those are more than a bit clever, especially the one with the photo shaped like an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  16. toot toot.. just passing through on the blog train.
    Woweee.. what beautiful scenery you have here.. think I will be visiting again :))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. why hello wandering traveller needs to stop for a drink :) i adore your pages especially the first its gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete