Thursday, March 10, 2011

a little challenge for you



Hi ladies,
Wow, its been a week since Ive blogged !! Where does the time go. Its just a quickie today, cos Ive got losts to do. Im up at 5.30 in the morning, to get some scrapping done before the kids wake up. LOL. So I really need to get off this computer, and actually do it.

I wanted to tell you about a little challenge we have set over at the Kaisercraft blog. I as you know have 5 kids, and 4 of them are boys, I really struggle with all the gorgeous girly collections I get for my DT projects, I just dont have enough photos of my DD , who is 20 now. So I decided to set myself a little challenge. I have plans to try to make a 'boy' layout out of even the most 'girly' collections Im handed. I have used Kaisercrafts totally pretty and girly 'Bubblegum Hills' collection for my first attempt, and really am quite happy with the result, and I dont think there is anything girly about my layout I did....

NOW HERES THE CHALLENGE
: the wonderful people at Kaisercraft have got on board, and are offering a prize of a $25.00 Kaisercraft collection of your choice for one lucky person who creates a layout like this, using one of their ranges. So have a go, choose the most girly papers you have, and make a boy layout from them, or even make a girly layout out of a predominantly masculine range. Here are the details .........





OK, gotta run and do some work :) well, playing LOL...... I will be back to share some more very soon

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous karen.... great design work! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LO and there is nothing girly about it!

    Can I use a kaiser sketch to do this challenge and enter the 2 different prize pools?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea. I find there are so many girly papers out there and I am a little uncertain about using them on a boys LO.

    Do we have to use Kaisercraft products for this challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies for the lovely comments... to answer your questions

    Alanna.. Umm, not sure on that, I dont see why not ???

    sunflower.... because Kaisercraft is giving the prize, yes, you do need to use kaiser products. you can use other bits and pieces, but I think its needs to be about 70% kaiser....

    hope you guys give it a go....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    If we do one, where do we post it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind, just read the Kaiser blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too late. :( I missed your layout before it was picked up for publication. Love the sneak... I'm sure it was awesome. Off to check out the Kaiser blog.
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky I've already seen your fab layout. Congrats on the pick up :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would most definately be a challenge for me, I don't even have any boys LOL Such a cute LO too, I did get a peek before it was removed :)

    ReplyDelete