Friday, March 25, 2011

Loving these wooden flourishes

I am so loving playing with wooden flourishes ATM... There are just so many things you can do to them. For this layout, of my daughter, I have used a few of the new flourishes from Kaisercraft. The iron fence has been given a 'rusty' makeover, using distress ink, Tim holtz clear crackle paint, and some metal rub on.

Then I have simply painted the 'lamp post' with Tim Holtz Picket fence crackle paint, then used the same rusty metal technique for the top. Heres a few closeups.



Also, dont forget the Boxx cybercrop starting tonight, and running right through the weekend. You wont want to miss it. Thanks for calling in, and have a fantastic weekend my friends x

14 comments:

  1. I love the gates and the birds Karen. And that pic is way cute. Look at her face....hehe.
    This is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous work Karen! *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just magnificent! Love it all. Those Kaisercraft goodies are just WOW!
    I am really looking forward to being on the new team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!! Love all the details!!! the gates are Great, i love it!! Take Care my friend!
    HUGS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gates are absolutely beautiful, as is your entire layout! I love everything here!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful LO. Your work is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous layout Karen! Love all your clever techniques. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Miss K : ) I LOVE what you've done with the chippies!! Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe I love the look on her face! Gorgeous page Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello honey i am looking forward to working with you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. really beautiful layout Karen :) Love how you've used the fences and all the gorgeous little details :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow wow wow!!!!!!! stunning and full of magic and sparkle ... gorgeous .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. An adorable layout Karen.
    Would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions re KC? Could u pls email me at tiernans@optusnet.com.au? I don't have your email address. Ta.

    ReplyDelete