Tuesday, February 22, 2011

snakes, weight loss, and a vintage layout


Hi there,

This post is a day late for the weight loss challenge, but we had a big drama at our house yeaturday, and I completely forgot about the weight loss challenge. I am not going to bother posting a photo of my scales this week, as I didnt lose any weight :( Im not too upset though, cos I lost over 2 kg's last week, and wasnt really expecting to lose anything this week. Im only a couple of kilos from my goal, and have lost 50 kg's, so I cant expect this far down the road, that Im going to lose every week can I !!!

OK, now for my BIG DRAMA news !!!!!! We were out all day yesturday, and when we got home, our little dog, Molly ( a cavalier) was barking her little head off at something, my son, Sam 17 went to see what it was. Well, it was a HUGE black tiger snake !!! and Molly was only like 10 cm's from it. It was striking at her, and she was trying to bite it !!!! Sam, the hero, threw a rock at the snake, and while its attention was off Molly, grabbed her away from the snake !!! He ran over to me, saying he thought she had been bitten .... OMG, I panicked, called the vet, and was told to just watch for any signs of her being bitten...and bring her in immediately if she showed anything......We watched her like a hawk, and after a few hours, I started to relax a little, she showed no signs at all of being bitten... She is fine thismorning, obviously, she is one very lucky little dog... I think cos it has been quite cold here the last week, the snakes responses were a little slow, and she was able to dodge the strikes !!! Thank goodness Sam was there, he definately saved her life !!!

Today, I want to share a layout I got to do using my favorite techniques, distresssing, inking, and making things all old and vintagy ( dont think thats a word) I love this photo of my son, taken at his Debutante ball in August last year. I cant believe how grown up he looks. The journalling says 'this photo forces me to face the fact that you are no longer a boy'. And its so true. He is a young man now, and a very handsome one at that. Well I think he is, but I spose, Im his Mum and thats my job :)
The papers are Kaisercrafts brand new 'Timeless collection' which I adore, and will definately be using again. I have also used their new range of paper blooms, which come in a huge range of colours, and are a really great price. The chipboard is also a newbie from kaisercraft, I have given them a bit of a rusty look by simply spraying them with glimmermist... sooo easy....

17 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, this is stunning. You are right, he is handsome and the LO just shows him off beautifully. I love the flowers (and they match the chair), the lantern and the paper folded back. This is just breathtaking.
    Glad Molly was ok. Sam did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the Kaiser blog and it just jumped out at me!! Its such a stunning layout Karen! I love everything about it. :)
    Glad your little dog is okay and that Sam was there to save her.
    Have a great day.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just absolutely love what you've done with the lamp post, clock and flowers - its just devine! Wish I'd though of it (LOL). It really shows off your boy.
    Hmm, yes, the weight, well at least we are on an even keel this week (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! and so gald Molly is ok - can we say she's the winner? (LOL). I tell you...snakes, hawks, kangaroos, even the wallabys are eating my vege garden...living in the country is fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout. The emebllishments look lovely and suit it perfectly. OMG... that's so scary with your dog. Good to hear she is doing okay. Hope there are no more scary encounters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I like how you've got colour behing the lights in the lamppost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't this a great lo and a handsome man. Your achievement is very admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your dog is ok and your son too! Lovely LO , especially love the cluster of flowers with the lamp post and fence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done on the weight loss Karen! So glad that your dog is ok! She must have given you such a scare! Your page here is just stunning - love the flower arrangement with the leaves and fence. The lamp post is fantastic too. And a belated congrats on making the dt at Scrapbook Ideas magazine - that is such an achievement, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek! How scary. Thank goodness it all turned out ok though.

    Adore your layout!! Love how you've used the large photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout Karen, I love those papers and just designed a OTP class using those. So glad to hear your doggy is all ok!! I would have died if anything like that happened to one of my two babies!! Ow and thanks for your comment on my blog and if you want me to email you any Copic starter info let me know. There are some awesome blogs and video tutorials out there :o) *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! I love the long narrow photo; might have to borrow that idea....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again. Just wanted to let you know I have a blog award for you if you want to pop over and pick it up :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've nominated you for a stylish blogger award. Pop over to my blog if you'd like to pick it up. I see Harmony has too.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love how you scrapped this layout.
    I find boy layouts hard to do.
    Kaiser are sooooo lucky to have you.
    You showcase their products beautifully.

    and he IS a handsome young man...and pretty brave too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love love love this it is absolutely full of love and magic ..... a great treasure for your sons future .... wonderful work ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete