Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy National Scrapbook Day from me, and Graphic 45


 
Today is National Scrapbook day, and to help celebrate, Graphic 45, and the G45 designers have created some amazing layouts, using a stunning sketch, created by Maiko Miwa... As usual, there's lots of prizes to be won over at the Graphic 45 BLOG, so make sure you head on over there, and see what Maiko, and Romy have also done with the sketch.
Sketch design
I really enjoy working with sketches. I normally use them as basic starting point for my layout, then, flip, turn or change the sketch just a little to make it my own. I didn’t really alter Maiko’s sketch at all, it was beautiful as it was, all I did was make my bottom photo slightly larger than the sketch. I am so happy with how this layout turned out. It was one of those rare times when everything just comes together perfectly. But, Botanical tea makes creating beautiful layouts so easy, I truly can’t get enough of this paper collection; I have already created at least 8 projects from it, and still have tonnes of other ideas. If I was ever to design a paper collection, just for me, it would be exactly like this one.
 

 

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous LO!! LOVE the banners..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in this collection Karen, the flowers and the banner look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is beautiful! I love this collection, and agree it is perfect for you! I am loving your fussy cut layering, and the banner! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful.. those papers are lovely and love the fussy cutting too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful page Karen using gorgeous papers...love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous layout Karen! I love this paper too and could go on forever using it.

    ReplyDelete