Monday, December 31, 2012

My favourites for 2012

Well, can you believe that 2012 is over !?!....   How fast did that year go ??  Its been a good and bad year for us, our farming has been very hard the past few years, we were flooded in January of 2011, and lost most of our crops, therefore our income, then, due to the floods, were were unable to sow the next years crops either, so got very little income last year either...  But, this year, finally things have turned around, we have some bumper crops, and some very good prices for our grain, so we are very happy, and very grateful.
We had some sickness in the family, but luckily nothing too serious, and everyone has recovered, out little dog, Molly was killed a few months ago, which was incredibly sad, but we have decided in the new year we are going to get another pup, probably another cavalier, cos Molly was just adorable..
 
Im my scrapbooking 'career' if you can call it that, i have been very fortunate, I have been the Manor House Design team coordinator for almost a year now, and am loving it ( a great big thanks to the owner of MHC, and my very dear friend, Nerrida Mitchell for the opportunity)  I begin my Dusty Attic design team position tomorrow (yay), and have been very fortunate to have been offered alot of wonderful, scrapping opportunities throughout the year. I have met some amazing people, and one of the biggest scrappy highlights, was attending the Brisbane papercrafts expo, where I met alot of my cyber buddies, in real life, who have now become friends... 
 
I want to thank you, all my followers, who keep coming back, and leaving me the most supportive, wonderful comments, I appreciate every one of you, and love reading every single comment. I don't get the time to post as often as I want to, and i dont get the time to visit as many blogs as id like to either sometimes, but, that is one of my new years resolutions, to visit and comment on more blogs :), along with losing 10 kgs, and exercising more, and being a more patient Mum to my 5 kids, and .....  hmmm, Ive got too many to list really  :) 
 
anyway, enough waffle, I want to post my favourite layouts, that Ive made throughout the year, some of my absolute favourites, i cant show you, cos they are out for publication, but, some of them i can, so here goes  :)
 









 
So, thats them, its been a big year for me, in my scrapping life, and my 'other' life :)  ...  I am very grateful for all the wonderful opportunities i have been given this year, and cant wait to see what 2013 brings. HAPPY NEW YEAR  to all...  Thanks again for always being there for me, and for sharing this wonderful 'craft' with me.

20 comments:

  1. Gosh, your lay-outs are all amazing! You have done some really beautiful work throughout this year. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Karen, so good to hear you had a good year on the farm. I remember the fickle nature of life in the bush, never knowing how tight the belt would have to be from one year to the next. Congrats on all you have achieved in the scrap world. You continue to inspire and delight me with your classic and elegent layouts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh...your LO`s are stunning. I really love them all :)
    Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given me in 2012. I really looking forward to see your work in 2013.

    I wish you a Very Happy New Year ! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all Karen - all true works of art, how ever did you choose! Happy New year to you and may God bless you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome favourites Karen - and I totally agree as many have made there way into my favourites folder too :)) Congrats on your HM for the masters too - I was so excited to see your name in the mag. Happy New Year and may 2013 be an all round amazing year for you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layouts! You are such an inspiration! 'Fields of Gold' is definitely my favorite of your favorites! :) Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every layout is stunning...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creations Karen ... Happy New Year to you and may 2013 treat you kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing projects Karen!!! I wishing a Happy New Year full of blessings and good health!!! We all have good and bad years, too, but the most important is to keep fighting. Congratulations in all your scrapbook achievements!!! Happy New Year my dear friend!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, just want to wish you a very Happy New Year! It will interesting to see what it will bring us! Those layouts are simply amazing and so so inspiring! Can't wait to see to see your first Dusty Attic Creations, I am sure you will blow everyone away with your talent girl!!!! Take care xo Sandrine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the only one I missed seeing throughout the year was 'Little Boys', it looks fantastic as do all the others. I hope 2013 continues to bring you success, not only in the scrapping world, but especially your farm life. Aus needs productive farms and I for one realise how important our farmers and their families are. I too wish I could lose about 7kgs, 10kg would be great but I'm even doubting I can move 7kg. Thanks also for your encouraging comments on my blog, I truly appreciate them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy New Year Karen, you have had a mixed bag in 2012, glad that things on the farm front improved and the scrapping opportunities , but no wonder your work is just beautiful and the selection here ..... sigh, Gorgeous
    I am hoping for a much better year this year in all areas, so here's to a good one for all of us
    Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh gosh Karen these are gorgeous, some I've never seen and I truly enjoyed reading through your post and looking at these beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen! I hope this year is a good one for your family and for farming, I am a farmers daughter so I know all about the seasons and how hard farming can be, but it still is the best lifestyle I think... Your year sounds like it has been so busy and you have created such amazing and beautiful layouts! All the best for 2013 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. karen though I am a paper crafter I am new to scrapbooking and I have just fallen in love with your style...its amazing how you have captured such beauty in each layout.

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful array of layouts, each so special and unique. Love your design style Karen...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful LOs!!! Love them all..x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen what a stunning showcase of your wonderful work. Simply inspiring. I must say, the "Fields of Gold" is my fave.
    Enjoy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All layouts just so beautiful , looking forwrd to seeing more of your inspiring work in the New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh... these are trully outstanding! I just love them all!
    Hugs and Happy New year dear!

    ReplyDelete