Sunday, April 8, 2012

Zva Creative and Pink Paislee

What a great combination. The Zva Creative pearl flourish is a perfect match with these gorgeous papers from Pink Paislee dont you think?. I really enjoyed making this layout. Theres lots of fussy cutting, handmade flowers, punches and die cutting, all my favorite thngs :). I find the photo a little weird to look at though, it is quite strange seeing your own eyes, so intensely looking back at you ??  But I am happy with how this turned out.





I used a really simple water disressing technique for my handmade flowers. I used a My favourite things die to cut the flowers from cardstock, then you simply spritz a little water on each flower, and scrunch them up a little. I also use a skewer to turn a few of the edges of the petals over, shape the blooms to how you want them, then you just set each flower aside to dry. Once dry, they will hold their shape. Then you simply adhere the flowers together ( I hagve used 3 sizes for mine) then add the centres. The centres I have used are a part of the MFT die also.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter, and I hope Easter bunny was good to you :) I know my little ones are bouncing off the walls after their Easter egg breakfast this morning :)  Ah, once a year wont hurt right lol !!! 

11 comments:

  1. You should be happy how this turned out, its beautiful and so are those eyes. Thanks for sharing how you did the flowers because they look great. I also love the banner and the leaves, are they also from all my favourite things?
    We are having the quietest Easter so I'm changing things around in my scrap room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgous layout Karen! Love your hand made flowers, but how do you find the time or patience??? lol. I keep buying dies to cut out different flower shapes so I can make my own flowers, but never get around to it lol. Happy Easter!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! Love your work Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen ! What a great LO...and photo ! :)
    Really beautiful ! I love all your details and it was so soft and tender :)

    Hope you have had..and still have a Happy Easter ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous layout Karen! Glad you had a great easter xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI... naaa once a year to overdose on choccy is ok I reckon!! haha!! and this is a beautiful layout.. I love your flowers, and you have gorgeous eyes... Enjoy the rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, the colours in this LO are divine. You really know how to keep the emphasis on the photo in your layouts, which I really admire. Love the green punched paper peeking out from behind the top of th photo - which punch is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Karen! Such a beautiful layout - I just love the design and soo so many other lovely creations here on your blog! Thanks so much for popping by mine and leaving some love :) I really do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments my friends....

    Maggie..... the paper behind my photo is a 'spellbinders' die, they come in a set of 4... i love it, its new, and this is the first time Ive used it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a bea-u-ti-ful photo to scrap and wowser, man-alive have you scrapped it bea-u-ti-ful-ly ... stunning layout ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one COMPLETELY STUNNING layout Karen!!

    ReplyDelete