Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Some Kaisercraft goodness



Hi my friends,

A warning... This is a looooong post...... Ive been busy creating lately, and wanted to share with you a few more Kaisercraft projects Ive done.

First is a layout I did of my Grandparents wedding, using my all time favorite collection 'Chanteuse', with a little 'Lush' thrown in. ( these 2 collections work perfectly together) The journalling reads " My Grandparents on their wedding day. My Grandpop was sent away to WW2 just days later, and was taken prisoner by the Japanese, and sent to Changi, where he was forced to worked on the Burmese railway. My Grandpaperents wouldnt see eachother for 4 years."
My Grandfather was a wonderful Man, who died way too young, from medical problems related to him being a pisoner of war. We are very proud of him for the sacrifices he made. The brown rose is handmade, as is the punched circle.




Next is one I did for a friend, using 'Up, up and away' and a little bit of 'Timeless' for the background. I totally love these new rub on sentiments from Kaisercraft, they make finding just the right words sooo easy.




Next, Ive made a photo frame, with a gorgeous photo of my 5 kids. Ive used Kaisercrafts new 'ornate frame' and distressed it using crackle paint, ink and some sandpaper, to reveal some of the wood underneath. Ive also used some of the gorgeous Kaisercraft wooden flourishes to decorate the frame.






And another layout, this time Ive used 'Class of 87'. This is such a bright, fun range, which is perfect for all your school layouts, but, as Ive shown, can be used for other layouts as well. I wanted to remember a funny little thing my DS used to say a couple of years ago. He used to get mixed up with 'almost finished' and 'nearly finished' and used to say 'nearlymost siffing' sooo cute!!



Next up is something Im really quite proud of ;) Recently Kaisercraft bought out a range of fabulous paper blooms. I love Prima flower vines, and one day, started wondering how I could encorperate these gorgeous vines into my Kaisercraft Design team layouts. I came up with these! My very own Kaisercraft flower vines !! he he, told you Iwas clever...




Ive gone a bit mad on gift tags just lately. This one I made today, using the newest realease from Kaisercraft called 'Lullaby'.



The next 2 double layouts are ones I did for 'Australian scrapbook ideas' magazine a little while back. Ive used the 'homemade' collection and lots of distressing for both. All the flowers on these layouts are handmade.


29 comments:

  1. Love every single item Karen. I like mixing collections at times too to get the right combination of colour. Your vines look fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations Karen, especially love your flower vines!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You have been busy! Love that one of your grandparents, so touching. Hope you are well xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I count 8 projects there. lol
    All gorgeous. All special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Karen! ;) Love that story about your grandparents!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Karen what such a relevant time of the year to reflect on how special your grandfather was. Glad you have got these photo's to remember him by. Yes you are a clever girl I love those vines they are stunning and am also loving your layouts as always. Hope you had a great Easter and Anzac Day. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are ALL amazing Karen.. totally gorgeous..and YEP you are way clever creating the vines..woohooo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are brilliant Karen!!! Love them all :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been busy :o) I just love the layout with your grandparents, and no wonder your so proud of your grandfather! Beautiful work Karen :o) *hugz* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. All gorgeous Karen (as usual..lol) really love the class of 87 layout, gorgeous photo too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing work!!! and those vines are outstanding!! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great vines Karen very clever with some lovely layouts too take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Karen your work is sooo outstanding!!!! and you do so much .. I really admire you and your style, just fabulous .. hugz x
    thanks for the congrats .. I am really chuffed to be featured on Graphic 45!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen!! Thank you so much for your comment, your visit in my blog is an honour for me! :)
    All of your work is gorgeous! You are a great scrapper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! these creations are so stunning! i love how you have shapped these double layouts and i really love your design ideas! your so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh MY GOODNESS!! I have just sat here for ages staring at your gorgeous work!! You are so inspirational! And I totally adore your vines! Thanks for visiting my little blog...loved hearing from you :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Karen...and I think you're going to WOW the Kaiser DT comp too - best of luck my friend! There's so many beautiful ideas here and aren't your little guys gorgeous (love the translation)! LOL. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh...if they don't take you they are MAD! These projects are all simply amazing :) Love the KaiserCraft vines...you really are one clever chicky!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous work Karen - Just loving the vines :)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning work as always! You are very talented and you continuously inspire me and many others. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow they are all just beautiful, loved every single one of them. Thanks for the inspiration.
    I have only just found 'Australian scrapbook ideas' and loved it, a lot less adds :D I will look out for your work in future editions :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. thankyou for your lovely comments on my blog, I have just peeking around your blog, your work is just STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. firstly thanks so much for your comment on my blog :) made me feel good about my entry for the comp.
    your entry is just beautiful and u did a wonderful job! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Karen, you have certainly put together a wonderful submission and showcased gorgeous variety. Best of luck to you gorgeous gal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those vines. Fabulous projects. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous work Karen!!! love all these tearing and vintagey feel of your projects!!! goodluck on the application!!! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are all FABULOUS, Karen!! I totally adore your "kaisercraft vines" too - very very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmmm just realised that you replied..lol, Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh wow - gorgeous creativity - all. of. it!!!!

    ReplyDelete