Friday, January 14, 2011

Floods again

They said that when our little town flooded in September last year that it was a 1 in a hundred year event..... Well someone didnt tell that to the 'powers that be', because, our town has flooded again for the second time in 4 months.... Our friends have lost their homes, and their businesses, and the peak of the flood wont even hit till tomorrow. They are predicting that it will hit its peak by tomorrow afternoon ( Saturday) These photos were taken this morning ( Friday) .



This is the main street, all the shops have about a meter of water inside them.....


and the main street again


a view from the other end of the street


the little foot bridge has been washed away, and the big bridge now has water over it !!!! This is devastating for our town, but, as hard as it is, it is nothing compared to what is happening in Queensland at the moment.

We are isolated here at the moment, all the roads are cut off.... But we are safe, we are on a big hill, and are in no danger at all.

Thanks for calling in, and take care those of you who are battling floods yourselves....

Hugs

Karen

10 comments:

  1. Sending you and your friends my biggest hugs Karen. Wish I could send more...like some groceries at least...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to see this Karen. Hope it recedes fast. The World has changed I'm afraid and possibly not in a good way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, its terrible isn't it, but to be copping it again after such a short time. My heart and best wishes go out to you and your town. Stay safe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care Karen. Look after yourself and your family...x Stay safe..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are safe and well. I hope the water goes down quickly and the clean up isn't too daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending you all the sugar i can muster... wow.. i hope everything goes well for you and your friends.. so sorry about the loss of your wheat though... my thoughts are with you.... lots of love leanne j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Karen so sorry to hear that you have flooded, stay safe my friend, I hope that it recedes very quickly, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man! And so soon after the other floods too. I feel for you and the people in your town and what's ahead of you all. Keep safe.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care Karen! These photos are so sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I´m so so sorry Karen.I saw it on TV and I think it´s terrible.I will have all of yours on my prayers!

    ReplyDelete